Saturday, April 9, 2011

Winding Path to a Small Ass - Part 4of ??

Time to Move

I must admit that I spent most of the forty-five minute drive hoping that I would be heading home with the geldings but it was apparent immediately that the girls had heard my prayer and nuzzled their way into our hearts.  But I did give the little fellows a lot of time to change my mind. The elder gent, all of about eight years and 35 inches, was spotted and incredibly adorable. His younger partner, a handsome little gray of two, was not ready to leave home; he was fearful and even though I sat down on the fence at his level, he would not come up to investigate me. Damaris indulged my fantasy, but she spent most of her time with the owner and rest of the herd ~ she already had her answer!

It was very difficult for the woman to say goodbye to the little pair, so while she haltered the girls we left her alone to make her peace. She went into the house and I opened the back doors of my trailer. We led Hillary and PiƱata to the trailer and they looked dubious. Their ears kept up a constant swivel as they smelled the floor mat curiously, eyeballing the shiny white interior.

I have a two horse slant gooseneck trailer that I had wide open for them. Loosely holding their lead ropes I walked into the trailer. We let them explore for a few minutes and then I had a strong sense that it was time to move. Damaris picked up one tiny brown front leg and placed it on the floor mat. She quickly placed the other front leg in the trailer. John literally picked up a little brown rump and slid her in. In a blink of an eye the second mini found herself in the trailer too. I stroked their necks and told them to get comfortable and promised to drive them carefully to their new home.

… to be continued.

No comments:

Post a Comment