Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Fried Oatmeal



I ate fried oatmeal for breakfast this morning.  I didn’t aim to but that is what happens when my  mind thought about turning off the stove and my body didn’t follow through.  (And it is partly because I have a gosh darn electric range/oven instead of a good old gas range.  Flames hold my attention, warm red circles covered by a pot, do not.  However I have written about this before and don’t want to belabor the point or bore you or myself … moving on …)

Fried oatmeal is a symbol of having so many things to do that I can hardly relax enough to do only one thing at a time. Some things get overlooked, forgotten, or tucked far away “for future consideration”  and my all-time favorite category:  “to-be-thought-about-later-when-I-have-more-time”.  HA!

I feel better when I have (1) one load of laundry in the washing machine, (2) one load of clean clothes in the dryer, (3) meatloaf, potatoes and apples baking in the oven … while  (4) I set at my computer and pound out another appraisal report.  Now that is how to “get ‘er done”!!

Better …. or more productive?

The paradox is how much more efficient I am when I am busy. Or is that an illusion?  I think I am.

Therefore I am ?

No comments:

Post a Comment