Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Expressions - Part 2


INTRODUCTION.
I took pictures of my horse, Lakota, as she grazed in my back yard and I told her “I am going to take these to Melisa’s tonight.  Let me know what you think about this work.”
Several hours later I dropped my photos into the wicker basket with many other pictures. It was an Equi-Spiritual event at Melisa Pearce’s barn, home to Touched by a Horse. Later in the evening, Melisa ruffled through the pictures, looking and listening to the voices of the sentient beings captured with film. She held up Lakota’s picture and she said, “I don’t know who belongs to this horse but she just told me, “She is willing to do this work. She can do this work. She is ready to go to work.”
I sat back in my chair with tears in my eyes. My question had been answered. WOW!!
This path has had many trail markers along the way.  I cannot remember not loving horses. I have been told for years that I could work with horses if I wanted to but I  had no idea what it looked like. Every reading I received for several years, from many different persons, said a version of the same thing. I remember distinctly, a woman telling me that there were five animals that agreed to assist the human population to become better citizens of the earth.  They were elephants, horses, dogs, dolphins and macaw parrots.  The more I thought about it I realized that they have a vested interest in us getting it right. If not, we are the only species that has the potential to destroy all that we hold dear.  Plus, at least one of these animals can be found on every continent, or in the vast waters surrounding our fragile land masses or flying freely above us.
And several years before that, as one of my teachers and I had just finished giving Lakota an etheric clearing session, she looked at me and said, “This is a healer horse”. I had no idea what she meant and really no idea of the journey that this magnificent being and I would undertake.  I was just beginning to see this beautiful creature in a whole new way.

A few months after Lakota first answered my question, I trailered my sweet horse to Melisa’s for a weekend.  Just two girls going to class together.  I was a student in Melisa’s Equine Gestalt Coaching Method eighteen month program. On the way over I told Lakota that I would not put any pressure on her. I loved her for just who she was and if she wanted to do this work she could, and if she didn’t, I would still be her best friend.  There was no way I could have predicted what would happen to us next.

No comments:

Post a Comment