Thursday, March 24, 2011

Winding Path to a Small Ass - Part 2 of ??


Prayers Answered

In December my housemate of three years had to move to be closer to work. She gave me very little notice and I jokingly said "I understand your need to move quickly but you have to give me a few weeks notice to move you your horse."  Being a knowledgeable horse woman she understood, and I offered to trailer her horse, Rainey, to her new home. My sweet Lakota is not the kind of gal who is comfortable being alone, she needs a herd. So I got on the phone to find a 4-legged baby sitter which actually came together easily. The same day that I took Rainey to her new home, sweet little Polly moved in, a kind-hearted young buckskin quarter horse mare. She is not the fox trotter gelding of my vision, but she totally IS a clairsentient being with healing capacities who gently and easily moved into my heart.

A few days into the new year found me flat on my back with a humbling case of the flue. I lost my voice to laryngitis and my will to move, even one muscle, to a debilitating headache. And then my phone rang. For some reason I decided to pick up the phone and it was my neighbor, the ‘mother’ of Polly. “Are still thinking about miniature donkeys?”  she asked.

My heart skipped a beat and I hoarsely squeaked, “Oh yes.”

I lay back on the couch as she told me about a friend of hers that needed to lighten her load. She had been told by her partner that she too many animals and needed to find a home for some of her miniature donkeys.  “But you have to take two, she has a pair of jennies and a pair of geldings ~ and you have to take the pair.”

If I felt any better I would have leapt into the air and clicked my heels together! Another prayer answered. Halleluiah !!  As it was, I finished the conversation, laid the phone on the coffee table, and let tears of joy fill up my ears.

… to be continued.

No comments:

Post a Comment